Art der Arbeit:
Master- / Diplomarbeit
1.200,-- € brutto p.m.
Dr. Alexandra Bretschneider
04242 56300 220
Master Thesis “Generative deep learning models for signal processing”
CTR Carinthian Tech Research AG is an industry-oriented research and development center for „Smart Sensors and Systems Integration“. As the largest non-university research center in southern Austria, CTR has gained a reputation for expertise in R&D sensor technologies serving science and industry at both national and international level. CTR focuses on four main research areas: Microsystem Technologies, Heterogeneous Integration Technologies, Photonic Sensor Systems and Smart Systems. CTR is part of Austria’s COMET research programme with the K1 excellence center “ASSIC Austrian Smart Systems Integration Research Center”.
Deep learning approaches have become the state of the art for object classification and detection [He et al., 2015; Ren et al., 2016]. Recently, deep learning has been applied successfully as a generative model for e.g. super-resolution or style transfer [Johnson et al., 2016]. This diploma thesis will evaluate different deep learning approaches for signal processing, such as de-noising of audio signals and images. The work includes recording and/or preparation of the data for training and testing of the deep learning network as well as designing and evaluating different network models (convolutional neural networks CNN, recurrent neural networks RNN). Data preprocessing and custom network layers will be implemented in Python (or C++/Cuda, if needed).
The prospective candidate is encouraged to present the results at a national or international conference and/or publish the results in a scientific journal.
• Create and prepare dataset for training and testing.
• Develop CNN/RNN architectures optimized for signal processing.
• Test and evaluate the different architectures with respect to the task at hand.
• Writing and defense of the thesis.
• Publication of the results at a conference or in a scientific journal.
Start Date / Duration / Contract:
Start date (planned): immediately
Duration (planned): 6 months
Contract: Payment is based on the collective contract.
Profile / requirements:
• Student in one of the following fields: statistics, machine vision, machine learning, mathematics, informatics
• Experience: object recognition, learning algorithms, software implementation, Python or Matlab, C/C++/Cuda (desired but not required)
• Experience with popular deep learning frameworks desired (Caffe, TensorFlow, etc.)
Contact: Jan Steinbrener, Email: Jan.Steinbrener@ctr.at
Application: www.ctr.at/en/application or www.ctr.at/bewerbung